We bought our couches from the Room Store Feb 07 and I paid for the 5 year extended warranty. Mind you, I never get warranties, but with a purchase so expensive ... and having kids, I thought it would be a good idea. Anyways, the reclining mechanism is messed up and has since tore part of the couch under where the recliner closes because it is off and scrapes the inside when it closes. So I call the store to get the warranty in effect and they tell me it is not effective because we moved more than 25 miles away! Are you serious? I expressed to them it was a PCS move and we had no choice .. they don't care! So Mike called military legal here and they said there is nothing they can do. I am so pissed and not to mention just disappointed that they would not even make an effort to rectify the situation .. or help us out, throw me a bone or something! When I called initially and spoke with a sales customer service lady I asked nicely to speak with her manager and she got crappy and said "It is not going to change the fact that your warranty is not effective anymore".Heed my warning, Room Store has no customer service worth speaking of!
My dear friend Lori wrote the company a real "nice" letter explaining that they will not get her business and that we have spread the word amongst our mom's group, but they won't care! It stinks that they are so nasty.
I just got off the phone with the actual store I boubht it from and spoke to the someone who was relaying .. yes relaying my complaint and questions to the ass't manager. My final plee was since they were dead set on not fixing it, could they atleast refund my warranty so we could pay out of pocket for it. Her response: "no ma'am because it is not our fault you were relocated". Oh no she didn't!?
I have to go make some phone calls .....

2 comments:
Boo, hiss.
I'm telling you, Niki, we have to be vigilant enough to effect their bottom line... or all is for naught.
Post a Comment