? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, November 01, 2008

So much to catch up on!

So, our computer crashed and of course Mike was out of town for work ... in Va Beach of all places. He got to hang out with my family, see my niece, have a beer with our friends! I was a bit more than jealous, all the whilst I was home with a very fussy teething baby and a 4 year old that reminded me daily that "Daddy is taking forever".


I finally got my first appointment with the physical therapist who proceeded to inform me that my pelvis is crooked, which would explain a lot of my back pain. In addition, I seem to have 3 separate issues going ... more than likely all related, but separate none-the-less. My leg numbness (that has been existent since Ethan was born) is something called Meralgia Paraesthetica, basically damage to a nerve in my groin area, either from the weight of my pregnant belly or stress from all the pushing during delivery. The other issue is the bulged disk in my lower back and the third and final issue (but the one they have to fix first) is the pinching in my right hip. The therapist thinks it has to do with a nerve being compressed by the bulged disk. It has been causing me so much discomfort and sleepless nights that it has to be taken care of before the other issues because I cannot even focus on the other things right now! I will be going to pysical therapy 3 times a week to start and hopefully my back will get back to normal! I was prescribed some pain meds and Anti-inflamatories and so far the latter has been helping enough that I am not having to take the pain meds.


Kaeli is now waving, clapping at herself from pride and is non stop. She army crawls faster than most guys in the army! It is quite impressive. My problem with her? She is so NEEDY! If I leave the room without her on my hip, oh the screams she belts out. It is so bad, that I cannot have my windows open for fear someone will call CPS! The other day she cried the whole time I cleaned the bathroom, and she was in the hall way watching me! It is madness I tell you. Even with a dose of tylenol .. she just loves to be caudled. On top of it, she has the worse diaper rash I have ever seen. The doctor gave me some medicine and it clears it almost immediately, but then it is right back again. I may have to take her back in if it persists. We are doing lots of warm sits baths for her because wiping is so painful!

Ethan is having a great time at school. His teacher, Ms. Mandy, loves him so much .. and in turn makes me so happy. She told me the other day she was going to kidnap him at the end of the year, she just thinks the world of him. He is her little helper and she says he tells her the greatest stories. The other day a kid hit him (in front of her and I) and Ethan said "Ms. Mandy, that boy just hit me. He is a meany pants" (thanks for that Uncle Greg) and she said real soft "Hit him back". I about fell out! She doesn't take any crap and she does a lot of the same discipline and respect training that we do at home, which I think is great and not to mention important for the sake of consistency. He is doing so well academically as well, but we are going to get his speech evaluated next week just to stay on track and make sure he is where he "should" be. We understand him, and she does ... but we know if he were with a stranger and needed something, he more than likely would never get it :-) Most adults don't listen very well to children!


Trick or treating was fun. I had to improv with Kaeli's costume last minute. I had a clown costume that someone gave us a while back that was a 9 month .. but apparently she is a bit bigger than 9month clothing and the legs rode up real high. Anyhow, I took a little pixie fairy skirt a friend gave her and put together a little pixie outfit (minus wings). I think she looked cute, you do what you have to. Ethan had fun going trick or treating with his new friend that just moved in across the street .. it helped that his friend (Wolfie) was Batman! Mike was still out of town, so we flew solo without him.





Well, I hope this finds you all doing well and voting for McCain/Palin on Tuesday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you little E IS a fabulous storyteller ;)

And Kaeli looks SO adorable!

I'm sorry your body is rebelling lately :(

But hey, at least you're working it out and getting help. Good!

I miss and love you :)