At what age is a child supposed to learn how to "work it"? :-) Ethan, turning 4 on Saturday had his well check up and shots today, 2 in each leg. It was quite an evolution trying to get his shots done. I tried to do the right thing by telling him up front what was going to happen, that it would burn for a second and then be over. I did not want to mislead him and then he be shocked when they started poking him! Apparently, it did not work in my favor! He was a mess, so upset and it took a lot of coaxing and a couple of us to hold him down. After getting home and seeing daddy there with his slurpee and movie from the video store, he had to be carried in the house from the car, put in our bed and started watching his movie. He then yelled to his daddy a few minutes later that he needed to go potty. He told Mike, "I need a wheelchair, I can't walk". What!? He is a little punk I tell ya. So Mike, being the great daddy he is, carries him to the bathroom and waits for him to go, then carries him back to the bed. Dinnertime, same thing. Then he asks to sleep in our bed and Mike obliges .. his reason, "in case he wakes up in the middle of the night and is hurting, or has a nightmare". While Mike is telling me this, Ethan is in his arms laying on daddy's shoulder SMILING! I said, you are something else Ethan. My heart sure is melting seeing Mike love on his babies so much though.
Update: Ethan is 39inches tall and 35 lbs!
Kaeli (8 months) 27inches tall and 16 lbs!

0 comments:
Post a Comment