? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, September 05, 2008

My Childish Moment

So, as most of you know, pretty much just as we got home from our 3 week trip and put our suit cases down, Mike was deployed (so to speak) down for hurrican relief. I exagerate, we had 2 days with him! Anyhow, he left with not much notice so it left a lot for me to do. Not complaining, but let me list just a few :-)
Unpack, "spring clean" and reorganize, swap out summer clothes for winter in the kids' room since it is in the high 50s here, change light bulbs, keep up with my school work, get kaeli her 6 month shots (we are 1 month behind because of the move), get Ethan ready to start school, attend stroller strides classes, mow the yard ... and the list goes on. Which brings me to mow the yard. I finally got a moment to do this, I get on my yard shoes, drag the lawn mower out back, choke it and yank the heck out of the pull cord .. NOTHING. Okay, so I try again. All the while, Ethan is standing on the back porch watching me attempt to start this 8 year old lawn mower that has never let me down through all of our deployments. Pull, nothing. Pull, nothing. Pull, nothing. After about 5 minutes of this my childish ... I'm fed up ... I need mike here ... I am exhausted ... I can't get this stupid thing working attitude comes out. Here is my supportive 4 year old son, "mommy, can I help you?" Poor thing was feeling pretty bad for me at this point. I must have growled at this lawn mower pretty loud because this random man whom I had never met before comes walking across the field from the culdesac behind us with his little son and asks if I need help. One of the reasons I Love Military Life! Camaraderie ... there is nothing like it! I blurt out, "I am so embarrassed! Yes, sir I would love some help thank you." It worked when my husband left, but isn't that how it goes? He starts it after about 6 pulls, I cannot believe it! So I made sure not to let that sucker go. I held that handle down and kicked all of our yard toys out of the way as I barreled through the yard mortified that I acted so childish, and had to actually accept someones help! I was not about to go through that again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I can picture it! And I can see myself doing the same doggone thing. I was frustrated with weeds one *night* and tried to start the mower. It would NOT start. I felt like a fool the next day when I realized I forgot to pump the button that feed gas to get it started :o Yup. We act silly when we're frustrated!

Anonymous said...

This life of a military spouse builds character. You become ALL things to everyone. I'm proud of you sweetheart and love to read your "tales". Hang in there, it only gets better. I had a lot of those years myself and it prepared me for life. :( Love, Mom