So as you all know, Ethan started summer camp Monday. He came home Monday and was an absolute nightmare! I bewildered as to what could have caused it .. the constant of the day, the exhausting craft time, the hour it took him and his classmates to clean up their areas causing everyone to miss play time outside, feeling deserted by his mother. Anyhow, I found out the next day (the first time I was able to talk to him after that nightmare of a day) there were a few "sweethearts" that decided to call Ethan stupid, spit at him and throw sand in his face! There was one kid, Nicholas, who spit at him but as Ethan stated "he changed his attitude later mommy". I know, I know, they are children and mine is NO SAINT ... but really? Is this what happens in a normal day at PREschool? No wonder some kids are left by their parents kicking and screaming! Not sure I would want to go to a place where I was to be tortured by my peers either. Anyhow, we discussed what friends are (Ethan calls everyone his friend) and explained that when that happens, they are not your friends and you need to find someone else to spend time with. I was determined to give it another shot, so come Wednesday I picked him up and he was in a much better mood, much to the satisfaction of mommy. I asked about his day. It was much better, those particular kids did the same hedonistic behavior .. but Ethan was the bigger kid :-) and walked away to play with someone else. The result .. a crush on a cute little girl (whose name has yet to be remembered)! We will see how this plays out, to be continued ....
Ps ... please do not get the impression that I think my child is a "perfect" child who never acts out! That is by no means what I am suggesting!
Friday, August 01, 2008
The horrors of preschool
Posted by Layman Family at 10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment